Sterling Blower Company and TruCut Fabricators currently have the following job openings:
Click here to fill out our online application
Estimator – Mon-Fri (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
The Estimator will assemble competitive bids from engineering blueprints / models and hand sketches to generate quotes to be submitted to current and potential customers.
- Review proposal specifications and drawing to determine scope of work and requirements prior to quoting to determine if an RFQ fits within the company’s abilities.
- Attend pre and post-bid meetings when necessary.
- Prepare quotes by using experience, software, and other available tools and submit them to the sales representative or customer as needed.
- Review design criteria and recommend best options based on cost, engineering, quality, or availability of materials and tooling.
- Prepare budgetary analysis when needed to determine if a more in-depth estimate is necessary.
- Create BOMs and pass along routing information to the sales representatives for order entry and work with engineering when necessary to discuss projects.
- Keep track of current costs of various required purchased materials – steel, hardware, pems, powder, etc, and update the costing software as needed.
- Support other personnel as required to help aid in fabrication being as efficient as possible.
- Review post mortems to check profitably and meet with production when needed to evaluate whether things can be done more efficiently and incorporate that into future estimates.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors.
- Ability to operate independently or with other employees.
- Dependability, time management, blueprint reading, and computer skills are a must.
This is a management position that works with the other functional managers and reports to the CEO.
Inside Sales Technician – Mon-Fri (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Inside Sales Technician to service customers in the plastics industry. Duties include working directly with customers – generating quotations, processing orders through an existing system, and providing technical assistance to customers. You will also be required to make sales field support calls (limited travel), and conduct demo lab tests of customers’ material as required.
The ideal candidate is a competitive self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and closing sales.
- At least 1 – 3 years’ of sales experience
- Knowledge of Plastics Industry
- Knowledge of Air Handling Technology is a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Welder – 1st Shift (Mon-Fri, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM)
Position requires 6 months experience as a Welder/Fitter with Tig and Mig welding. Must have the ability to read blueprints and skill in product construction to machine and weld jobs as specified by work orders. Must be able to lift at least 50 lb.
Interested applicants may complete and application in the following ways:
Click here to fill out our online application|
Come by our facility at 135 Vista Centre Drive in Forest.
Sterling offers an excellent benefits package: health, dental, life insurance, short term disability, 401(k), ESOP, and more. Sterling Blower Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer / M/F/D/V.
A background check is required.
1st Shift hours are 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM Monday – Friday, overtime as required
Overtime as required.